29.5.11

Red Pouts!

I have ALWAYS loved red lipstick. Ever since I was a small girl, I used to watch my mother open her mouth wide and apply lipstick that looked so good on her complimenting her flawlessly white skin. And, whenever she was not around, I stole them and applied them on myself and even on my Barbie dolls! She was not aware of it until she spotted one of my snow white teddy bear’s nose smeared with red lipstick. Well, after that, maybe you have guessed the rest of the story right if you ever tried to put on your mother’s make up. She trashed me and warned me not to come near her dressing table again. And so the story ended here until I was a teenager.
As I entered teenage, I was wild! Whatever my old television set showed to be “in fashion” I tried it out. But I never took it outdoors be it out of shame or some stupid reason I had back then.  The most visible try outs were lipstick. Just like when I was young, I sped to collect all of my mother’s lipstick to try them out.

The story with lipstick started when just like the early childhood days, I tried on my mother’s lipstick when she was not around and yes, it was red lipstick. I took a few pictures and uploaded in my facebook. The responses were really good! My friends thought I looked different while my family members thought I looked exactly like my mother.  Right then, the trend of cherry looking pouty red lips was totally in and I didn't fail to follow it.

However, after wearing red for over 4 months on my lips, i grew tired of it! Now, i find it a hassle! Be it a trend or whatever, as I think of it now, I realize that it was so difficult to team  up clothes and the Red lips together. I gave up on converse-  I cant live without them- and so many other things! So for now, this article is probably a goodbye to my Red lips!
I will meet you soon enough after a few years! :)
Bye bye red lipssss!!
<3
:*



Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment