13.3.13

Bara~s


 A colleague who has been to Nepal 4 times was telling me about Bara-s today. Starting that very moment, I just cannot stop thinking about the batter that sizzles on the big griddle glistening with mustard oil. My mouth is literally watering right now. 

Nepali food.

I have not tried many cuisines but I can state that Nepali food is the best thing on Earth with a guarantee. Be it DDC’s strawberry flavored Lassi or like I mentioned above, Honacha’s heavenly Bara- they are all just ammaazziinnng. Every dish is flavored with special spices and has a distinctive flavor.

I am done eating the bland Indian food as of now. Dosa, Idli, Chole Bhature etc, etc just make me sick. There was this time when I couldn't differentiate between Roti, Paratha and Chapati- which I thought were the same thing until my 7th month here. The only two famous cuisines here in general are Indian and Chinese. It’s strange that they call everything that does not require Haldi & Masala spices in the cooking process Chinese.

I wanted to elaborate more but would just end here.
Chow Chow!

P.S. Please eat Honacha's Bara for me? Anyone! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment