14.3.15

Will Nepal survive?

Today, I noticed something interesting. This door- right outside Kumari Ghar, Basantapur is a busy  place. Thronged by tourists and locals alike, this place also witnesses many candle marches and silent protests. With interest in photography, I always make sure that events and instances are documented through photos. 

So, getting to the point-  I took a photo of this door two years ago. Then, the message scribbled over it was, 'Will Nepal survive?' It was a very good question I asked myself. Will Nepal survive all that it was going through? Would Nepal survive from the Political instability, war amidst the citizens, selfishness setting in? 



 Today it revolved around a similar line- murders, politics and names of a few districts with numbers next to it. This was an aggressive form of expression. People dying - probably the numbers next to the names of the districts signified so - never ending cycle of political parties and the making of the country. It exploded like a silent bomb inside me. What is happening? We are all so busy with our private jobs chasing after our selfish goals, the idea of unity is long lost. 

I have a billion questions to ask. Questions that do not have concrete answers. But it is interesting to see how this door has acted as a form of expression. Silently. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Nepal will survive because I see the youngsters like us are pretty much aware and are very much patriotic. Everyone of us know that either we change it or we become the change. What I really don't like that some people throw out on others very much but instead they don't question themselves what are they doing to make it stop or what are they doing to make it happen what they want to. Again I will say Nepal will survive because hundreds of doodie-heads are less than thousands of aware minds.

    ReplyDelete