6.5.13

Tale about my shoe

Like you, I have stories to tell. From stories about how I managed to survive after swallowing a coin or  stories from the time I was obsessed with Britney Spear's "Hit me baby one more time"- I have plenty to tell. Today I choose to write about my shoes. 

I don't fancy wearing pretty shoes. As long as they take me from point A to B, which might leave them ragged and tattered but they love to be worn. I have around 12 pair of shoes, neatly stacked in the old rack I bought from a used furniture store last month. The variety might shock you- from boots to 6 inches heels and the comfortable converse; not to forget the floaters, plumps, deck shoes and my favorite slippers - plus much much muucch more. I might not sport all of them often enough but each one has a story to tell. A special story. We spend most of our lives walking. Even when you are typing a  "I love you too babbyyy" text to your lover or when you are eating the delicious burger from around the corner, the shoes have all the stories with them. As I type this, there are stories popping up in my head like mushrooms- giving me a pleasant smile . 
The shoe that gave me a blister, the one that was an inch loose or the one that made my ugly feet look pretty for once- they all have stories to tell. 
From the day my wallet got stolen in Chandni Chowk. One of Delhi's most crowded markets.



3 comments: